Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Hanukkah Day 5


Games, oh bring on the games!! Jewish children will traditionally play Dreidel and recieve Hanukkah gelt. The link above it kind of fun, because it takes you through how to play dreidel if you keep clikcing Next.
I used to call chocolate gelt "pirate chocolate coins" because I did not know what they were. Children will often receive real gelt (or coin money) in addition to the chocolate kind.
Come on now, sing with me!!
I have a little dreidel. I made it out of clay.
When it's dry and ready, then dreidel I shall play.
Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, I made it out of clay.
Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, then dreidel I shall play.

It has a lovely body, with legs so short and thin.
When it gets all tired, it drops and then I win!
Dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, with leg so short and thin.
Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, it drops and then I win!

My dreidel's always playful. It loves to dance and spin.
A happy game of dreidel, come play now let's begin.
Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, it loves to dance and spin.
Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel. Come play now let's begin.

I have a little dreidel. I made it out of clay.
When it's dry and ready, dreidel I shall play.
Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, I made you out of clay.
Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, then dreidel I shall play

No comments: