Thursday, August 6, 2009

What I Have Learned From My Personal Trainer

1 – Even though your legs feel like they might fall off, they will not
2 – When your trainer says “You can do one more” you typically can
3 – Water is our friend
4 – Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are brain food
5 – Heart rate monitors are a very good thing
6 – If your core is not strong it does not matter how strong your legs and arms are
7 – Eating enough calories is the key to losing weight
8 – You do not need a fancy gym to lose weight; all you really need a little bit of instruction and some floor space
9 – You cannot do anything well without a good pair of gym shoes
10 – 5 pound hand weights will kick your butt
11 – The elliptical machine will become your friend (I have yet to reach this)
12 – Once endorphins kick in, there is nothing like a workout high
13 – Eating a small carb and a protien an hour before a hard workout is important
14 – The glossy glaze you get in your eyes after a hard workout is normal, eat some food and it goes away
15 – If you don’t feel it 24-36 hours later, you did not work hard enough
16 – It is a lot harder to lose weight than it is to gain it
17 – Strain is good, pain is bad
18 – The ‘dead cockroach’ will kick your but faster than crunches
19 – If the area being worked is not shaking, you are not done working it
20 – It is okay to rest; it is never okay to give up

8 comments:

Erica said...

My problem (aside from the fact that I have the floor space, but not the instruction) is that I start shaking pretty much right away.... Someday I'll be able to actually go a little while before I start to.

Unknown said...

this is totally funny! i wish i had a personal trainer to remind me of these things when i am working out!

This Place is a Disaster! said...

And immediately - there's no breathing for me.

Amy Maida Wadsworth said...

Oh, these are hard lessons to learn! Keep it up! You're awesome!

And the elliptical really does become your friend! I love it!

FamilyLife said...

I think I would add- even if you don't feel like it, come again next time.

Becky at VintageMixer said...

Working out is always better with a friend or someone pushing you along!

Thanks for finding my blog..let me know if you would still like to post my button on your blog. email vintagemixer@yahoo.com

Marcia said...

you must have a really awesome trainer... :)

Katie said...

I wish I had a personal trainer like Stephanie does!