Wednesday, August 26, 2009

New Music Finds

Two wonderful artists were introduced to me recently and I love their work and want to pass it along to you as well. You might like them too. Plus they are not so bad to look at, either!

First Besty introduced me to Scott Alan who is a songwriter. His work is more for the Broadway lover (he is working on a show now) but he has really clever lyrics and music that just sucks me in.
As a whole I like the cd Keys more, however a few songs on Dreaming Wide Awake are some of the best I have heard and so I listen to it more. I am in love with the songs Home and Never Neverland; the lyrics of Now are heartbreaking.

The second artist is Josh Rosenthal; I am a real big fan of the SLC Foodie blog Vintage Maker (see the button on the right of my blog to visit often!) and this is the blogger's husband.

His new project is a suite of music called Village Suite which will be 4 cds in 4 months. The first cd to be released is a 5 song Overture to the suite. It is a sampling of what is coming on his suite project. He explains Overture on his blog; I love his version of Down to the River to Pray. The download for Overture on iTunes is less than $5 and well worth it.
Enjoy... or don't... but I had to share!

2 comments:

Mandee Lue said...

I'm not sure if you'd be interested in listening to this or not, but check out my friend Vaden Thurgood - I think he has music streaming from his myspace or something just when you google his name. He's not too bad! I went to high school with him 10 years ago.

I love new great fabulous music!

VeeringVixen said...

I used to go to church with Josh. Not only is he an amazing artist, he is a great person which makes his music even that much better! And I haven't told you this week, dear Steph, that I absolutely love your guts!
~Jenn Hamilton*