Friday, August 7, 2009

Amazing. Period.

Last night I went to see Cirque du Soleil: Saltimbanco at the E-Center in Salt Lake. After a rather unimpressive dinner at Chili’s (the waiter apparently did not actually put in our order so we sat there for 45 minutes… not the point of this story) we were rather speechless at the end of Cirque, or as a coworker called it “The Circus.” I had been to a Cirque show before and knew I was in for a treat, but this one was far more impressive than La Reve in Las Vegas, though La Reve was showier.

Our seats were on row 1 of the lower bowl, there were probably 4 rows of floor seating in front of us. The shear strength, flexibility and talent these men and women have are beyond description. My only disappointment was that not every seat in the house was filled.

These are links to YouTube videos that are earlier performances of my favorite acts in the show. The hand balancers were different men so their act was slightly different, but the trapeze duo looks similar. Truly amazing. I wish I had time to go again since they are here in Utah through Sunday.

No comments: