Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The one where I show sweat equity


This is what I looked like at the end of the night last night. See that wallpaper in the background? It's coming down too like the paper I tackled last night in the closet. (By closet I mean the second bedroom upstairs that I will be transforming into my closet/gym/office.) The shirt? Why thank you for asking. Besty gave it to me for Christmas. I cannot wear it out in public because for some reason people get mad about it. It says Team Edward or Jacob? Team Shut the Frak Up! Those Twihards? They will cut you!

My favorite part of this pic is the sweat ring on the bandana I stole from Sister (technically she left it when she moved out) and shirt collar. What this pic does not show is the excess of dust on my legs and feet. I was sanding a layer of paper down so I can texture the wall. Sanding paper, you say? Why yes, because after stripping it down to the lowest layer it is easier to sand the final paper backing than it is to scrape it off. Then I'll prime that paper layer as if it were the top layer of sheet rock. Stripping that last layer often will strip the paper of the sheet rock too. Why? It is not primed.

Here is a tip to anyone I cannot convince to NEVER put wallpaper up in your house: Before you put the wallpaper up prime the sheet rock so that when you want to strip it off it is easier to do so. OR NEVER put wallpaper up in your house!

1 comment:

jkribbit said...

Love the shirt! Seriously not a Twilight fan...

Oh the joys of home ownership! What an adventure! :)