Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My New Friend ... Shawn

I have a new friend. I take her with me wherever I go, though I did have an impulse to pluck her from my life. She is bold, she is short, she is not afraid to be the center of attention. She is currently the bane of my existence. She is my new friend. I call her Shawn. She is a short, WHITE hair right up front and center on my head. She is my first white hair. I have had some grey hair (which were all shaved off when we shaved our heads a few years ago and I have not seen since), but Shawn is white. Brilliant white. Short and white. I am not afraid of grey hair, I am old enough to have earned a few ... but white? C'mon really? I am only 35. White?! I guess I cannot really complain, I have a friend who shall remain nameless here (like he reads my blog anyway) who is 18 months younger than I am who is rather dapper with his uber salt and pepper hair. But Shawn is here to stay. I welcome her with open arms ... that have clenched fists at the end.