Thursday, September 15, 2011

Playlist anxiety and random thoughts

I did something which is causing some little bits of anxiety in my heart right now. In my car I am listening to my Broadway music playlist ... on shuffle. This morning I had a a song from Caroline or Change followed by Sweeny Todd followed by Aspects of Love followed by Secret Garden followed by A Chorus Line followed by The Woman in White followed Bklyn by and rounding off with Les Mis. Good line up, I grant you! However my CDO was kind of screaming at me that the world was going to end because the songs were out of order! Grow from love.

I am trying to teach my niece Mac, who is turning 2 this month, that a birdie says "Ka Ka, Ka Ka, Tukki Tukki." She will say Ka Ka. We'll get it!

Cancer still sucks. Legit! Epic fail, cancer! Epic fail! (that does not mean anything new has happened with Mom's relapse, just a statement)

I had a cable company come an install services at my home ... after they left I cried. I now am a firm believer that cable installation is not something that should make a person cry. The install is shotty and the equipment does not work. I put on my angry face (shout out Foxy! Happy Birthday) and laid into the voice mail of my sales person. It will get fixed or they will lose me as a customer AND I will blog about it all using the name of the company. They are trembling I am sure. The 10s of readers that I have on the internets unite!

The wallpaper stripping is, I would say, 50% done. That makes me smile. I think that it will be done on Saturday. I am already taking preventative ibuprofen so my back won't hurt after an all day Saturday strip day. That might not be the best name for the day. My sisters and I are stripping wallpaper while the bros knock off a lot of cottage cheese from the ceiling in the bed rooms.

If you are thinking about wallpapering your home for any reason ... like you have lost control of all of your senses ... please call me first. I will do an intervention!

Tuesday night when the I was crying from the cable fiasco, Sissy came up to me and said "Oh Stephanie, don't worry." Then she gave me a hug and a kiss. That girl is the oldest 3 year old I know. But, it is amazing the restorative powers that a kiss from a niece can have.

99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

I am just going to leave that in, apparently my finger hit the 9 key when I looked away to answer a phone call.

I have some great friends. I have been blessed so many times in my life with dear ones that make me laugh and cry at all the right times.

My family pretty much rules. Nuff said.

3 comments:

miss kristen said...

Word.

Thanks.

And you are the coolest. And I cry a little (ok a lot) every time I have to pay my cable bill...I just love it too much to give up.

Larissa said...

I don't have cable. But somehow the Gods of cable have smiled upon me and gifted me History, Travel, and Discovery, TVLand, and sometimes Nickelodeon cartoons.

I first read "Stripping" wallpaper as, "striping." I immediately looked at your blog wallpaper, no striping. Then I wondered, "Why would she be striping her walls with wallpaper, a new trend?" Maybe it's a border. And I actually pictured pink and white stripes.

Yeah...

Preds Girl said...

I LOVE your posts!!!

I have cried at random, silly things too, but in the moment they don't feel so silly. I feel ur pain. I think it comes with home ownership. Everything is overwhelming.

Yep--cancer still sucks!