Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Stress ... Relievers

Raise your hand if you have ever been really stressed.

Okay, those of you with your hands in the air, tell me what you do to relieve your stress!

I am not saying I am stressed, it is just something I was thinking about today. Usually when I am stressed I arrange a visit to my favorite pedi lady Lisa Jo. (And if you saw my feet you would tell me it is time to visit her anyway!!) But when I really get stressed I usually do not have time to actually visit her.

Then I started to think that maybe the key is not stress relief, but rather stress prevention. When I do get stressed I clench my jaw and end up with a sore jaw.

So my tens of readers: Stress relief OR stress preventions that work for you... GO!

6 comments:

jkribbit said...

Hmmm... I'm going to have to check back and see what advice you get. I usually just let the stress build until I end up in a blubbering ball of weeping and crash for several days. Probably not the healthiest! :)

Rach said...

Stress reliever #1 - play the piano REALLY LOUD.

Stress reliever #2 - Hot bath and good book.

Stress reliever #3 - A night out.

Stress preventative #1 - Be mindful of the moment, instead of thinking of the huge list of things to be done later.

Stress preventative #2 - A night out once in a while.

Stress preventative #3 - Listen to Franki Valli and the Four Seasons while I do housework. Franki makes everything better.

Candice J said...

Sometimes a simple warm bath (with or without bubbles), with the lights out and some soft music playing can really help me to relax.

Also, I find doing something with a friend and talking about what's stressful can also help. I'm free if you need. :)

Stephanie said...

As weird as it seems, going to the gym has been my greatest stress reliever/prevention lately. Working out until I feel good and tired really seems to do the trick; I come home happy, feeling accomplished, and fabulous!
Wanna work out together?

Kate said...

Two words:

axe

wood


That is all.

This Place is a Disaster! said...

WEll, since I am married, there is a little bit of married act that seems to relieve a lot of stress, but I won't mention it out loud in an attempt to keep things clean and wholesome.
BUT this act is more than meets the eyes, for sure. It solves a lot of problems and is a God given gift for many ailments That I have learned through the years!

Then, when that is not an option; I stay up late watching tv, sometimes I make cookies and sometimes I eat the hugest bowl of mint choc chip and then go back for more. Sometimes in the middle of the day I eat ice cream, and I let my kids eat it too for lunch, but only rarely!

When I was depressed (and still living at home) it was obvious because I used to let it out by staying up till the wee hours of the morning baking or sewing.
I think I still sew for stress relief . . . but I have not felt the urge or need to sew since we moved, must be a good sign!