Friday, July 9, 2010

A Stereotyping Post

I am in a production of Joseph (oh you'll hear much more about it in the next few weeks I am sure) and for my part I got to dye my hair. No not red and it is not in a mullet... It is blonde. This week I have been so ditsy. Now I know it is not because I am a blonde, I have good friends who are blonde and very intelligent but I think it is ironic (not literally ironic Sister, more culturally ironic) that now that I have blonde hair...

Okay so examples:
  • On the day my hair was colored I almost made a mistake that would have cost our firm $100,000. That is a pretty big chunk of change!!
  • I just sat here at my desk typing a quote and could not figure out why it was not working... well because I kept hitting the tab key instead of the enter key. Yes I know they are the opposite sides of the keyboard.
  • Last night at dress rehearsal for Birdie (WE OPEN TONIGHT!!!) I stood by the sound board for 10 minutes trying to figure out why one mic was not working. Helps if you take the mute button OFF!
Oh I struggle this week. I know it is because it is tech week and I have been running on fewer hours of sleep than usual. But now that I am blonde I can blame it on that, right?

Unrelated:
Birdie does open tonight, tomorrow July 10 there will be an oldies car show before the performance from 5:30 - 7:30. Admission to the car show is free. For ticket info please visit www.midvalearts.com.

2 comments:

Rach said...

Pictures. That's all I'm gonna say.

Miss Megan said...

Isn't it fun to have something to blame those lapses in judgement on? I bet you look stunning!

And I second the request for photos.