Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Respect

Let's just get the song out of the way shall we? "Find out what it means to me..."

I think people should be treated in a manner of respect, even if they do not earn it. Now let me be blunt and say I do not always treat people with respect, I admit it. But I get so angry when I see people who blatantly disregard others and treat them with disrespect. I get really mad when it is me that is disrespected but even more so when it is the people I care about. Without going into too much detail (because of my rule to not say anything on my blog I would not say to someone's face, and it would do no good to tell this person she is being rude and disrespectful) I have some things to say in general that I would like to address to this person:

When your actions directly affect others you need to consider those others before doing something boneheaded.

When someone else needs to cover for you because you want to leave a situation, you better find someone to cover for you.

Telling is not asking, asking is polite.

When you are the subordinate individual in a professional relationship there is a level of respect that is inherently given to your superiors or supervisors.

I have two general rules that have served me well in the past: 1) Do not piss of the person who signs your paycheck! 2) Do not piss of the sound person in theater! The one has power of what you make, the other can make you sound like crap!

While everyone is diverse and different (thank heavens!!) I believe that as human beings we each have civil rights, rights of civility. This person that I would like to yell at does not have common sense, or frankly does not care about the lives she steps on. She makes it really hard to be civil to; I do not like her and it is hard to show her respect. Note to self, turn on the showtunes and get back to work... because Karma is a friend to the friendly!!

No comments: