Thursday, November 6, 2008

Possible good news

Hey all

My mom's doctors told her yesterday that she can come home as soon as: 1) her platelet counts stay up where they need to be 2) she can eat a proper amount of calories and 3) she feels good i.e. no fevers. The rest of her numbers are where they want them to be so this is great news!! My only other concern is that her lung capacity is down a bit from where she was and she is back on oxygen to help her breathe. Lung capacity will increase as she gets up and is more active which is hard since she does not feel good. But over all this is great news and she could be home by this weekend.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

This is great! We'll continue to keep her (and you!) in our thoughts and prayers. :)

Miss Megan said...

I'm so glad your mom is doing so well! She'll be ready to come home in no time.

Erica said...

That would be wonderful!!

jkribbit said...

Steph that is great news! I'm so glad the transplant went well - I know it was very, very hard - but that the numbers are getting to where they should be. Please give your Mom my love! And love to you, too!