Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happy Obama Day

My non-political brother sent me a text with the phrase: Happy Obama Day. I was actually giddy with delight to receive it mostly because Barry really is so non-political. But I also want to say Happy Huntsman and Matheson Day!! I am excited to see how Prop 8 in Cali turns out. I am excited to see that 34% of the population of Utah voted for President Elect Obama. I saw a snapshot of results last night that had Obama ahead in the Utah polls... that was kind of cool for about an hour or so to see him in the lead. Bless the early voting!!

Oh and pardon this diatribe: With 99.73% of the precincts reporting who are the 22,905 people who voted for Dell Shanze for Governor? No I understand that everyone has their own right to vote as they will and for the person they feel will do the best job. But seriously anyone who is listed on the ballot as "SUPERDELL" is not someone who is taking the office seriously and does not deserve a single vote... alright maybe one vote: HIS. Come on. The election process is not a joke. Diatribe over... and scene.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

OK for such a die hard Obama fan, I have to say I was a little dissapointed in your very tame posting about his win! Gosh, I was expecting a big wooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo at the least! Where is the shouting from the rooftops and joyous noise I was expecting to hear? Now, go ahead and be joyous, its ok! (Congratulations to you and your candidate! I mean that seriously.)

Unknown said...

P.S. I have to agree with you about the Superdell thing, did he really have that on the ballot? YIKES

Steph said...

I am so sorry Nutter.... allow me to rectify: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! YIIIIIIIIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
HAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

Steph said...

Or as Mario would say: Yah hoo hoo weee ha! (yes as in Mario by Nintendo. My little Brady used to talk like this when playing the games!)

Rach said...

Did Superdell really get that many votes? Yikes. I also really enjoyed both speeches last night, and thought the same thing about McCains supporters. Show some class people! And how about all those people in Chigaco respectfully listening to McCain? That's the way to be!

Amy Maida Wadsworth said...

I thought of you when I heard the election results. I figured you'd be doig the dance of joy. At least one of us was. :)

emily, etc, etc said...

SuperDell = SuperDumb. Plllllease, talk about making a mockery of American politics. Apparently the people who voted for him don't understand that people who put the word "super" in front of their names, are generally trying to over-compensate for something (like brains). Superman is the only exception to this and that is because "man" is not a his name...