Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Political Tirade... for good I hope

Alright so readers here will know that I am a Democrat. Not a surprise. I do have to say something though in defense of President Bush. Shocked? How about we as a country return to a time when we showed the Office of the President the respect it deserves. President Bush was elected twice by the people of the United States of America and as such deserves respect. Is he my favorite President? Not even a little bit. I do think he sounds like an uneducated man sometimes when he talks and more than once I have uttered the phrase “Idiot” when listening to his policy. HOWEVER until the day I die I will respect this man for his service to our country and his love for this nation. President Bush is a patriot who did the best he could in some very difficult situations the past 8 years. President Bush is the President of the United States and deserves way more respect than he is getting now. For example: When did we stop referring to him as President Bush and start referring to him as Mr. Bush? (Actually I think this practice started with Former President Clinton) Even in one article that I read from another friend’s blog in defense of President Bush he is called Mr. Bush. I did not vote for President Bush either time and do not care for the man, but he will always be associated with the Office of the President and as such deserves all of the respect that the title offers. This goes for President Elect Obama. There are those who do not like his policy as well (much like I do not like many policy stances from President Bush) but he does deserve the respect of the American people because he is our duly elected official. Thus ends this week's last political tirade.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thank you! This shows the support and unity that our country so desperately needs! I am so proud to be your friend.

BTW, "Mr. President" is actually a correct term. As we've been studying the Constitution and the Founding Fathers this last few weeks in school, we read that it's a debate that goes back to George Washington. Since it was so important to him that the Office of the President was treated with respect but not placed higher than the people who elected him, he asked to be referred to as "Mr.". Although I agree that it shows more respect to call him "President", "Mr." is PC.

I love you, Lady!

Rach said...

Thank you thank you thank you for putting this out there. I feel the exact same way! Show some respect, people!

Matt said...

well said.

Unknown said...

OK, I couldnt agree more! What happened to good old fashioned manners and respect for everyone. I personally dont agree with alot of Obama policy, or Bush policy for that matter. Come to think of it, I dont know that I have really liked any presidents policies for a long time. However, they do deserve respect, they are not just some chump on the streets. How do we expect other countries to respect us and our government if we dont?

Tiffanie said...

Thank you so much for your words. I very much so appreciate what you said, and agree whole heartedly. It's sad that people don't respect really anyone in authority, and I'm proud of you for standing up and saying something. More people need to. So thanks.