Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Election Day


Today is my favorite holiday... er... day. As those who follow my blog often will know I LOVE ELECTION DAY! I am a political junkie for sure! Today I get to vote AND turn in my mom's ansentee ballot as well. I broke out my special Kennedy pin and put it next to my Obama Utah pin on my shirt. Yes, I am excited for today. I have never worn the Kennedy pin. It is pin that JFK gave to his staffers in the 1960 election (thank you eBay!) that I have had for years now. I will take the Obama one off to vote (it is a rule, you know!) but wear the Kennedy one all day! Story time? When I was in the 4th grade we had to check out 2 books from the school library every week; one had to be a biography or educational one. One week I checked out a book on JFK and fell in love with the Kennedy family. Each week after that I would check out one of the 4 books in the library about Kennedy and read them again and again. I was obsessed. I think this went on until I left Elementary school. A few years ago I went to Chicago for work schooling and there was an exhibit on clothing that was worn by Jacqueline Kennedy during her White House years and after. It was amazing to see (and also my company paid for me to go!) On Sunday a cute girl in our ward got up to bear her testimony and she was wearing a very Jackie O top and after the meeting I told Lexie I thought she was very Jackie O; she said her mom tells her that often. I think I lost her when I told her that like To Wong Foo she is very statuesque.
As I babble, anyway, Happy Election Day! Vote!

2 comments:

Ranell said...

Funny story about the Kennedy books. A good reminder to get out and vote!

Amy Maida Wadsworth said...

I put up a bulletin board at school today about the voting process. Pretty fun to do the research and print all the pictures of the candidates. It's been a wild ride this year!

Hey, btw, you can pick a name for your character if you'd like. Of course, I reserve the right to veto it. :)