Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Vaca ... to come

Last week I was able to go on vacation with some of my family. Most, actually. I went with 8, we left home 6. Sister let me play with her camera, so of course I took over 1,000 pictures of LoMo and Sissy ... and the beach ... and Disneyland ... and the Nixon Presidential Library. The thing is choosing the right ones for here AND catching up on work. That will happen one day hopefully soon.

All I have to say is that was an amazing trip. I came home a little tanner, a little more rested, and ready to face life this week!! So pics to come.

So until that happens, allow me to share my favorite story from the vacation, that has nothing to do with anyone else in my family. We stayed at my brother's timeshare condo close to Disneyland. Every morning we would get on the ART bus and head to the park. Well one morning everyone but me went early for the Magic Morning. I just did not get ready fast enough. So I was standing waiting for the bus on my own. There was a little family in front of me in line. The kids were running around the garden area having fun. The parents were not really paying attention to the kids. It got kind of quiet, the kids bent down and were looking at something rather intently. They picked something up, and came over to their parents. I hear "Look Mommy, what is it?" In the little boy's hand he was holding a condom in the wrapper. I could not help myself I started laughing. The Dad did not find it funny at all. He was mortified that the kid had found, picked up, and then showed off the condom (in the wrapper which was promptly thrown away in the trash) and I could tell he did not appreciate my laughing. I told him that that was my favorite part of my vacation! He scowled. I think he missed a really important teaching moment for his son who could not have been more than 4 (the daughter looked to be 3) to tell them that people use those to cover microphones when they do plays to keep the sweat out of the mic pack. Favorite story of the vacation!

3 comments:

miss kristen said...

First off, I LOVE that condo and I'm still super jealous you went and I'm stuck here until October.

Second, that parent needs to take an effing chill pill. If he's like that and the kid is only 4 he's in for a WORLD of hurt later. Besides it could have been A LOT worse--the damn thing could have been out of the wrapper and USED.

I'm doing sound for La Mancha at the Empress and I TOTALLY thought of you when I told the tech director we needed to get some "mic pack covers". Tee hee.

Steph said...

Just make sure you get the mic pack covers that are not lubricated!! That is a HOT MESS if you get the ones with lubrication! Trust me, I have seen it happen. HOT MESS!

Larissa said...

You know, the term "hot mess" can just be taken so many different ways in this context.
And I can't get enough of "Mic Cover" stories. Never gets old:-)
I wanna go to Disney!!!!