Thursday, March 31, 2011

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

I chortle in my joy!

It is not a secret to anyone who has seen me this week that I really am a walking ball of stress. My eyes are pink and puffy from being tired and have gained 4 pounds (although I am eating right, frustration.) I am just putting this out there, finals suck!

But in the midst of all of the stress I have received two bits of great news in the last 12 hours that have just made me actually squeal with delight. I share them now.

As a single woman with no dependents I almost always pay taxes at the end of the year. Two years ago I got a refund but the IRS then found a mistake and took most of it back. Last year I got a small refund, but not complaining!! I have been putting off doing my taxes because I did not want any more bad news. Yesterday I was already in such a foul state of mind that I thought, being rather sadistic, that I better just get it over with ... bring it on! I was delighted to find out I am actually getting a rather nice refund this year.

Then, as many know, when I was 18 I moved to Chicago to be a nanny for two handsome little boys. They are all grown up now. D is a already in college, you might remember that his basketball team won the DIII NCAA championship last year. Well the younger boy, B, is currently a senior in high school (overlook the fact that I was his nanny when he was 1) and just found out he has been accepted to Stanford AND Harvard for next year. How would you like to be faced with that decision? "Oh gee, I do not know which of those elite schools to choose from! What do I do?!" :) I am like the proudest nanny ever!

And the silver light at the end of the tunnel? 5 more days of school.

1 comment:

Rach said...

Stanford AND Harvard?? You SHOULD be proud!!