Sunday, March 27, 2011

9 Credits

When I went back to college years ago I thought it would be a long journey, I just had no idea it was going to FEEL this long. I have had my major declared from day one, but then I added a minor which added some time to school. I have 9 credit left. 9 credits until I am a college graduate. 9 credits. I remember when 9 credits were so easy! These 9 credits seem like they are taking forever. 3 credits will be done in a week (I will know in 2 weeks if I passed.)

When I was in high school I always wanted to graduate with honors. Although, let's face it, I did not really put in all of the effort I could have to accomplish this goal. I missed graduating with honors just barely ... by 0.05 of a GPA point. So in college I set the goal to really graduate with honors. Wouldn't you know it, my college has a higher GPA honors requirement than high school did. My associates program I graduated with 3.88 GPA. Nice!! My minor study in human resource management is almost done and I am sitting at a 3.73 (I thought it was 3.74, but I was wrong) and I need a 3.75 to be an honors student. So close, it hurts!! If I get an A in the class I am in right now I will graduate from the minor program with honors. Then I have 6 more credit hours in my bachelor's program to meet my goal. For this program my school takes the cumulative GPA of all three programs which right now is 3.85.

So here is my problem. I stress. I stress over the little things. I stress over the big things. I stress about how I am going to get all of the homework done. I stress over how I am going to be able to get all of the other things in my life done. I stress over how cranky I get with my family. I stress over everything. I sometimes get so stressed over the little things that I make myself sick.

Let's be honest here, I would really need to screw up my last class in order to fail at my goal. My final 6 credits are dependent on essays I have written instead of taking classes. Standing back and looking at the big picture I am really on track for this goal. So why post this? Because in the next week and month I might freak out. If you are physically around me and see me freaking out I need you (crazy internet followers who may turn into true life stalkers) to remind me to, as my Brother puts it, calm down ... have some dip (no I do not think he is a George Carlin fan, he just says it!) I will graduate with honors and be the first and second person in my family with a bachelor's degree. First and second? Not possible, right? Wrong. My brother in law has his bachelor's degree so I am the second person in my family to get one, but the first of my siblings!! Ha take that my genius siblings!!

Now I am babbling and I should stop because I do have some homework to get to. Calm down ... have some dip! Breathe, relax, and enjoy the rest of the crazy college journey.

1 comment:

Preds Girl said...

Simmer. Simmer.

;-)

YOU CAN DO THIS!

~Hugs,
DOWN-TOWN