Friday, November 12, 2010

A Post Just for Ranell

So I have this friend from Chicago... We'll call her Ranell (because that is her name). Ranell and I met in Chicago (are you tired of Chicago stories yet?) If I remember right she took over as a nanny when my friend Colleen Johnson left. Side bar on the funny that was meeting my friend Colleen Johnson. Sister's name was Colleen Johnson before she got married and changed it to Molen. So when I met Colleen Johnson in Chicago I laughed and laughed and called Margo over to meet her and she laughed and laughed. It is a wonder that we ended up friends seeing that when we met I laughed. When she left Ranell took over. Is that right?

So what is so special about Ranell that she gets her own post? Oh so many things. Did you know that before I met Ranell I had never seen Pride and Prejudice? The long 6 hour BBC version. I had never read the book. I did not know who Lizzie and Mr Darcy were. I know, right? So Ranell arranged a group of girls to come over to my house where we all went up to the pool room and watched it. I think of her every time I put it on. When we were watching the show I did not know if they were going to end up together. I was like, "If they do not end up together I will burn this house down!" To which she was like "Want me to get you the matches?" True friend! (that exchange is a fictitious creation of what could have happened.)

Ranell has this laugh that is so infectious! I cannot not laugh when she laughs. And of course I think I am really funny so she laughed a lot! (so humble!)

Now I have never really been a girl who always is attracted to the guy that everyone else is attracted to. Do not get me wrong, I like the handsome, but for some reason I look first for the guy that will be a good dad and can support the family. Also eyes, eyes are rather important to me! So there was this guy in Chicago who actually was the first guy out there I had a bit of a crush on. Not huge, but a crush nonetheless. We ended up becoming okay friends, which was great, and the crush died over time. Ranell married that guy. ...pause while I shoot jealous eyes toward Oregon where they now live ... and we now return to our regularly scheduled post ... who I am sure is a great dad and is handsome to boot.

So why does Ranell get her own post when I have not seen her for like 8 years? I am in a Chicago state of mind. I need to go get me some deep dish pizza or a Chicago dog and just get Chicago out of my system. And one day, sooner than later, I really need to make it to Oregon and visit with my friends. Not long before I went to Chi I had lunch with our other friend Em and we talked about you, just saying. I miss you Ranell, thanks for the comment and reminding me about how much I love your laugh! Say hi to B for me.

You, the reader might be asking if the Chicago posts are done. They are not, I reply. I still need to post the pics of my boys and tell you all about West Side Story... the musical I love to hate.

1 comment:

Ranell said...

A post just for little 'ole me?!? I can't believe it! What a reward you gave me for actually commenting on your last post. Sorry it took me so long to check ... my automatic blog reader thing did not move yours up to the top like it should have. Darn technology!

Thanks for the memories, dear friend. I'll see you next time I'm in Utah, or come to Oregon anytime!

JEALOUS you got to see Em!