Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Ladies Who Lunch

When I lived in Chicago I had some great friends. When I first moved out there I had Krissy, Lori, and Dora. These women were nannies too and taught me the ropes. Of course I cannot forget Colleen Johnson (not my sister, but my friend from Chicago), Ranell, and Jen. Then there was Molly, Margo, Christy, and Renee. The 5 of us were pretty close. We traveled together (multiple times), served in church together, played together and, of course, ate together.

While I was there this last weekend I got my girl's together for lunch. Well all of us but Margo who lives out here now. We had 2 hours to catch up on each other's lives ... and it was not long enough! I miss these ladies!

l-r Christy, Renee, me, Molly

I had so many memories run through my head from Christy calling me the crazy glue of the group, fighting with Nee over the dolla, the many many trips to Nauvoo, the last trip to Nauvoo where there was an unfortunate accident and that stupid ambulance was not driving my friend to the hospital fast enough, finding new uses for feminine hygiene products, Ghiradelli cheesecake, seeing Joseph for the first and 10th times, shrinkidinks, diet coke, Glen and Betty's car, Ghiradelli cheesecake ... we had it more than once ... and laughing. I think I laughed more with these women over the 4 years or so I lived out there than should be allowed. I have great respect for them and love how they shaped my life.

So to my ladies who lunch: ti volgio bene!! (Molly taught me that years ago!) I love you all and wish you well.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Good times! Next time, I need more than 2 hours to get my Stephanie fix! Thanks for the great company and the lunch. Miss you -- love you!

Ranell said...

Hey girl! Thanks for mentioning me! I read your blog all the time but I'm HORRIBLE about commenting ... I can never think of anything witty to say, so I just lurk about. But when a post has my name in it, I definitely feel obligated to say hello!

Friends are the best! So glad you got to meet up with some of your dear ones and laugh and catch up. It makes me miss you and some of my other 'peops' from Chi-town. Those were good, good times. I'm pretty sure I peed my pants from laughing more during those years than any other time (and that's including now, even after I've had 3 kids, and pee comes easy, now!)

Now you see why I don't comment often, don't you?!