Friday, November 12, 2010

Chicago ... finale

Okay, the post to end the Chicago posts. As mentioned earlier I went out to Chi because Brady was in West Side Story. The Richter's offered to fly me out for the weekend, which was so generous! I was out there for 5 days. The last day I went downtown to my favorite old places to visit: The Art Institute of Chicago and Ed Debevic's.

By the planetarium there is the best view of the city

So here are my boys. Handsome, right? Dylan, 20, is on the left and Brady, 17, is on the right. Remember when I went out there D was 4 and B was 1. They are good men and I could not be more proud of who they have become.

This is the gang after opening night of West Side Story. l-r: me, Grandpa Arthur, Grandma Sylvia, Laurie, Jim, Brady, Katie, Dylan.

I have 5 musicals I do not like; they are my top 5 least favorite musicals. Feel free to hate once I name them from least to most: Oklahoma, West Side Story, Guys and Dolls, Annie, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (I loath SBFSB!) So when Laurie told me that Brady was in WSS and I needed to come out and see it, I of course readied myself for the worst. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by the talent in this show! The sets were amazing, the talent was 90% perfect for the roles, the orchestra was outstanding, and I admit I was a fan of this production. I could not have been more proud of Brady! That boy can sing AND dance. I was just a proud nanny the whole time. I cried at his final curtain call. The girls who played Anita and Maria were perfect! I was in love with the number Officer Krupke in this version. In LOVE!! They boys did such a great job with it. But of course I only had eyes in the production for Brady as Riff. I was really hoping that by closing night he would be won the knife fight. Side bar on the knife fight: They used real switch blades that had just been buffed down. Not safe. That is my boy up there Bernardo was killing... side bar done. Brady really is a triple threat and I cannot wait to see what he does in the future. He actually has an appointment to audition for the theater department at Stanford. Oh did I mention that my brainiac boy applied for Stanford, Yale, & Harvard? I tried to talk him into University of Utah, but no joy. He applied for 11 schools and most of them were Ivy League. Brainiac will probably get accepted to at least one of them. He wants to be a mechanical engineer designing green technology when he grows up. No too shabby for a kid who used to cry in the car wash! Oh sorry B!

So needless to say I loved my trip. I always enjoy spending time with this family. They really were good to me. I was treated like family from day one. These are good people and I am honored they trusted me to help raise their kids. I believe this ends my rambling about Chicago... or does it?

3 comments:

Fluffy Momma said...

PS, you look AMAZING in the picture with the 2 boys...just sayin'.

Preds Girl said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Ed Debevic's! It is such an experience! hahahahaha. So glad you got to go back to Chi and spend some time with the boyz and your friends. They sound like they are super nice.

Ranell said...

NO WAY those are your boys! They are ginormous! I cannot believe it!

I was always a little jealous of the relationship you had (have) with your nanny-fam. I did not have that same experience. My time in Chicago brought many other good things into my life, but not that. They are awesome and they were LUCKY to get you for a nanny. Look how well those boys turned out!