Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Link Email

Have you seen that email from a friend that just contains a link to click on and no message from your friend? I have seen probably 10 of them in the past 2 weeks. Some are a "file share" link and others have '.au' at the end. Well these contain a virus that then emails your whole address book. Just a friendly reminder to only click on links of names you trust (not people you trust, but link names) and always open all links at your own risk.

And to the 'virus creators' there is a special place in hell for people like you. It is sandwiched between the person who created nylons and Ted Bundy. Enjoy eternity.

Added Note: I heard on the news last night that some of these viruses are designed to activate by even opening the email, not even clicking on the link. Which is worrisome because how many of those emails have I opened?! Be careful out there!

4 comments:

Preds Girl said...

Amen sista friend! BUG!!!

How is it being back in the snow?

Unknown said...

i have been getting a lot of those as well...and ditto to the nylon guy!

Fluffy Momma said...

Ugh, I'm so sorry. I don't knwo how it happened! I honestly don't click on anything I dont' recognize!!

Trudy G. said...

Glad to hear the explanation for those emails. I was getting them from a relative I don't normally get emails from, but I did not click the link. I figured she would have a least written me a note if she wanted me to see something.