Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Thank You Mr. President

Followers to the blog will know that I am a political junkie. I love it all. So today being Inauguration Day, well it is like Christmas and my birthday all wrapped into one! I have to admit that when President Bush was announced and Hail to the Chief started playing I teared up. Thank you President Bush for 8 years of service to our country; take a much needed rest!

The Oath of Office line flub (really Chief Justice is this the day to go without a script?) made me smile thinking, "Oh great here it comes! The people saying that since the Oath of Office was messed up that he really is not legally the President." LOL. I add my welcome and support to President Obama. I look forward to a new administration and a new era in American history. I admit again that when Hail to the Chief played after the Oath of Office I teared up again.

I loved this image of the new administration and wives bidding farewell to the outgoing President's family. I watched the Inauguration during work, sitting next to my bosses in the conference room. The last time we all were huddled around the TV like that was on September 11.

Again I say Thank You Mr. President(s)!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Kudos to you!

I know you are a "die hard" democrat, so I'm super impressed that you'd tribute President Bush. It was an emotional morning, and I hope (along with the rest of the nation) that things with the new President meet the expectations of the nation!

God Bless America!

Amy Maida Wadsworth said...

Thanks for that, Steph! I've watched the last couple of speeches Bush has made, and though I haven't been happy with a lot of the stuff he's done in the past couple of years, I really believe he did the best he could with extremely difficult problems. I would NEVER want this job. I can't even run my own household.

It was so nice to see people react to President Obama, don't you think? And I like the comparison you made with September 11. People are more united than they have been in years, and that's what we need more than anything. Everyone has hope that the changes to come will help the country and improve all of our lives. I pray that President Obama will be a blessing to this nation, just as he wants to be!