Wednesday, January 7, 2009

#80 & #81

On my list of 101 I set two finance goals that have been accomplished or will be by the end of this week. For a full list see the link on the side called My 101.

#80 - Ask for a raise
Yesterday I asked for a raise at work and got it!! I was nervous because my boss thinks our industry is going to be hit with economic woes soon and he will have to let people go. I think he is a doom seeker sometimes. He came in to my office and asked me to compile a list of the current salary people are making because he wanted to do cost of living raises. I compiled the list and when I took it in I asked him if I could talk to him about something that has to do with raises. I told him what I thought I deserved in an extra raise that was not cost of living and I actually got it. I was shocked. He of course told me he would like me to accomplish one more thing to earn it monthly, but I told him it would be no problem.

#81 - Take a class on economics
I changed one of my classes in school to be a finance class to fulfil this goal and it is finals week for it. So far I am getting a B (horror!) but that is just my midterm grade. I think I am in actuality I will raise that a bit. I have really learned a lot from this class and I am glad I took it.

I am also working on #27 right now. I am hosting a benefit concert at January 31 for a friend of mine who has cancer and cannot pay all of his bills. There will be more information on this coming soon. I have asked a few of my very talented friends to help me organize or perform (I did not have room for all of my talented friends so if you were not invited to perform please do not be offended, and I hope you all can come see the concert, again more info to come!)

I love this list! Thanks Wretchel!! 8 down; 93 to go!

3 comments:

Rach said...

My pleasure. And congrats on the raise. And being gutsy enough to ask for it.

jkribbit said...

ROOT! (That was me in cheerleader mode.)

Thanks for posting this idea - I've been working on my goal list (finishing and posting it is actually one of my goals!) and have also been able to cross a couple of things off. What a great idea!

Thanks for the inspiration!

Johnson Family said...

Thats fantastic congrats on the raise!