Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Annual Christmas Boutique

For any of you new to the blog, please allow me to introduce you to our annual boutique. The back story is thus: When we were growing up my Grams had a Christmas Boutique every year from November through December. She sold greeting cards, wrapping paper and homemade crafts that she made throughout the year. It was so much fun to go to her house and look through the different things she was selling. I still to this day cannot see a white light bulb without picturing the bunnies she used to make. Fast forward 30 years: my sisters and I all had our own businesses and decided, along with some cousins, to resurrect the family Christmas Boutique. 

This year we are holding out boutique the Saturday after Thanksgiving. You know, eat turkey, the crazies go shopping on Friday (Colleen will be one of you) then Saturday come on over to Mom's place and enjoy browsing everything without the angry crowds because you picked up the last Wii game or Barbie. We have the foods, we have the fun, plus we have the nice warm house!

Saturday November 26
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
7792 South Coolidge Street (90 West) 
in Midvale (Utah)

My sister Colleen owns The Busy Bean (I may have mentioned it once or twice) where she makes beautiful handmade fabric creations. Plus she names her products and sewing machines, which is just cool. She will have some items on hand or, as always, she does most of her work as custom orders. All items will be done in time for Christmas delivery. 

My SIL Kate is a brilliant photographer via Kate Johnson Photography (I may have also mentioned this one). She is running a special this year where she will have her screen set up at the boutique and for $35 she will take your family photo and give you 5 images on a photo cd with a card template that you can take anywhere and have your Christmas cards printed in time to send out before Christmas. If the family cannot make it, she is doing an outdoor shoot on December 10. Appointments are STRONGLY encouraged for both days. Of course she would be happy to schedule any time that is convenient for you. (Holla acting buddies, she also does headshots!)

I used to sell Pampered Chef. I miss it sometimes, but frankly did not have the time to devote to it. However, I am hosting a catalog show (there will not be a consultant on hand) for you kitchen gadgets. If you need something from Pampered Chef but cannot make it to the boutique the address to order items is www.pamperedchef.biz/chefchristine enter my name as the host (Hi, I am Stephanie Johnson) and you can order that way. Party closes the 26th. 

We always have others join us, though at this point I really cannot give you a list of everyone (have a business and want to join? Give me a call or shoot me an email.) I will talk my brother into making his AWESOME caramel apples. And if she is up to it we have a lady who makes BRILLIANT chocolates. That is not a guarantee, however! 


See you then if you can make it. We always have snacks, and often sit around chit chatting. Let's be honest, that is half of the fun of a boutique!

No comments: