Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ramblings

Yes, it is pink. An homage, if you will to a few people in my life... This blog will be pink for just a bit. (hold me!) I can deal with it.

Last week(s) was rough where my motto ended up being "The world is a mess and I just need to rule it."

I have been tired and lethargic lately with no energy and I'm not sleeping well. Actually I have not really felt well since coming back from Europe. Last night I worked out with Trainer Katie. Well I'll be darned if last night I did not sleep great and I feel like I have energy for the first time in months.

I am pretty sure the song "I Enjoy Being a Girl" was written my a man.

This weekend I got my car detailed and the upholstery was shampooed which is good because months (and I mean months) ago some food spilled in the back seat so sometimes it smelled like beef in my car. I wonder if that is why I have been craving hamburgers lately. Only now it smells like lemons so I crave lemon mirangue pie.

We all have a little OCD in our lives, or in Sister's case CDO because she likes thinks alphabetical too. I put these little color tabs in my check register at work at the end of the month so it is easier to balance the books each month. I ran out of red ones and mourned when I had to use blue. (well because of course the green ones are used for the payroll check register and who likes yellow?!)

Cancer still sucks.

I was never nervous performing as Aunt Eller or Eulalie Mackecknie Shinn but I'll be darned if I am not super nervous to audition for a chorus part in a musical tonight. It has been far too long since I auditioned for a role in a show.

I have used the phrase 'I'll be darned' now twice in this post. I'll be darned.

(This one is just for you Sister) "Your hair looks like a briar patch. I keep expecting racist, animated Disney characters to pop up and start singing about living on the bayou." "It is a barren as me in here, Will."

I am a godmother now. Wouldn't it be awesome if little PBJ had a handsome, single godfather who asked me out on a date and then we got married? Besty, we should look into that plan!

Music really is an integral part of my life.

I get to be a soda jerk again this weekend. There is a 50's party at church and I get to make the beverages. I am so excited!!

You know when you jump on Facebook just to check something quickly and an hour later you are still on there? What the what makes it so addicting?

Okay, enough, get back to work.

3 comments:

Miss Megan said...

1. Break a leg at your audition because I know you'll be great!
2. I am very proud of you for temporarily changing your blog background to a pink one.
3. I agree "I enjoy being a girl" was definitely written by a man. Except for when I played Kim, I generally sing "How lovely to be a woman" with irony.
4. If you do end up ruling the world, may I be one of your toadies? I promise to respond to all of your whims with, "Yes. Absolutely. Right away!"
5. Pretty much, I love you.

Michelle said...

I loved your ramblings. I also love your new pink background! So cute!

grandma glo said...

Pink? I am sure it is for a good reason. I also love to read your rambles. What is sad is I think I understand them. Love you.