Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My New Evil Plan for Auditions

Since I was nervous to audition last night I decided I needed to play to my strength ... being funny. Yes I know you can take that conceit to the bank and cash it, but ... well it is true. So I decided to pick a song that I think is funny so that even if I bombed I would smile and have fun. I chose "Always a Bridesmaid" from I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change.


Well it worked and now I have a new plan for when I audition: Choose a funny song so they laugh and do not hear every time you screw up!! Any song that rhymes 'velorish' and 'whoreish' will work!!

I had a ball auditioning and spending the whole evening with my Squitch and seeing my girls River, Chatterton, and Mama Mae. Uber surprise to see Jane and Lindsay in the room too. (sorry Lindsay, I do not have a fun nickname for you yet.) Looking forward to callbacks tonight!

1 comment:

Preds Girl said...

LOL--that song is so funny! I hadn't ever heard it before until you sang it last night. So many great lines!

You did a FAB-O job last night at your audition! It was so fun to see ya--you crack me up!

I'm sure the nickname will come to ya soon. hahaha Sharon always calls me "lindserly" so you could stick with that or make up something else. Can't wait to see what strikes ya. lol