Thursday, June 24, 2010

Crafty

My mom has a crafty daughter (hint, it is not me) and they like to craft together. I envy crafty people. Do not get me wrong, I have made some really cute things in my day, but as a general rule I cannot sit down with a block of wood and paint something brilliant on it... that is without someone coming up with it for me and me copying it. Sister can; Mom can. I think my problem is that I am such a perfectionist that more often than not it does not turn out how I had in mind, I get frustrated, and quit. I can scrapbook, I like scrapbooking. Friend Peggy introduced me to a fun computer scrapbook company that has far too much money from me but I can do the computer stuff easier than not. I think crafty people are super talented and I want to be one when I grow up. So when I find an adorable card in my purse after rehearsal last night my first thought is "Someone was in my purse?" then that thought is quickly replaced with "That is adorable!! Who made that?" And since no one signed it, I might never know. But crafty people rule! You know who you are!!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I wish I were craftier but I do not envy crafters. I think of it like learning another language and traveling the world. Of course I would like to do it, but it ain't really gonna happen. Besides, they end up spending tons of money. I at least spend my money on movies and dinner and so have nothing to show for it. I mean, I don't have to find a spot to display my latest creation.