Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A blog post with 3 possible titles

This blog post had three possible titles, so I chose none of them. However they were going be to: "Hey guys, Chad fell down" OR "My boggart would be ice" OR "Hello, I'm Stephanie and I am a faller (Hi Stephanie)"

Alright I really am not super clumsy, however I seem to fall in the winter. Two years ago my visiting teaching companion and I were walking to visit teach one of our ladies and I hit a patch of black ice and went down. I hit my knee and cracked my knee cap which was fixed by surgery. A few weeks of physical therapy and I was as good as new.

Last night I was walking out of my office and had my hands full of things I was taking home when I hit a slick spot on our sidewalk and went down on the same knee ... might I mention my boss saw it happen? Mike came out and collected me, brought me back in and helped me get cleaned up, then walked me out to my car as if I were a grandmother so I would not fall again. I really am fine but I woke up this morning feeling like someone beat me up. I am so paranoid of falling now, more so than I was before. So I went home and my sweet mom took care of me: brought me dinner, brought me water, brought me pain meds, watched Freaky Friday with me (the old one with Jodie Foster, ah good times!) and laughed at all of the right times.

So Hi, my name is Stephanie, and I am a faller.

3 comments:

jkribbit said...

So sorry!! I've already fallen twice, too. (The same afternoon, within an hour, in slush so not only was I stiff and sore, I was also completely soaked!) Ah, the joys of winter :)

I hope you're feeling better soon!

Erica said...

I'm so glad it wasn't worse! Aren't mom's wonderful to take care of us? :^)

Get feeling better soon.

Patti said...

How about, "I only fall when I'm going down"?