Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My Dream

This is not a post about what I want to be when I grow up, it is in fact about my dream last night. I remember it so vividly and that does not happen to me often.

I was sitting in my office at work in a meeting with our printing vendor. I was asking them to change our sales person to someone specific and he was telling me no. All of the sales staff from my company walked into my office needing something from me, ignoring the vendor who I was meeting with. I noticed in this group was also a lady from special needs mutual with the script to the roadshow in her hand, my special needs co-teacher, my uncle holding a sink faucet, and someone I did not recognize. The vendor and I could not finish our conversation, so I asked everyone in my office to leave immediately and I would come find them when I was done with what I was doing. They all left except my boss. He told me I was needed next door immediately in another office. I excused myself from the meeting and walked next door. Instead of finding another office I found myself in a hospital room where two good friends of mine were sharing the space. One of these friends just had delivered her baby who was sick and the other one was pregnant but had an infection and needed to be monitored. Instead of their family sitting with them my special needs co-teacher was sitting there reading from style magazines. I remember feeling completely overwhelmed by the whole dream and the aspects of my life that I felt I had no control over right now. I walked out of the hospital room to the lobby of my office which was abandoned and sat down and cried.

I would analyze it, but I think I already know what it means. I think it means I need to eat more protein ... or chocolate ...

No comments: