Thursday, April 14, 2011

Intervention

My brother B was working from home yesterday and since he does not get the keys to his new house until next week he was at our house. He walked up the stairs to see a big box on the porch that was left there. He brought it in, saw my name on it, and put it in the living room. Then he walked out the back door and found 2 more packages, all with my name on them. So three packages in one day arrived on our doorstep. B has decided I have an online shopping problem! Mom tells me all of this last night before I had to run to teach classes at TLC. So I went to see what packages had arrived ... because I have not bought anything online recently with the exception of pre-ordering the new HP movie due tomorrow. So what came?!

2 of the boxes contained birthday presents for my sister whose bday is Sunday. (Happy Birthday Sister, your presents are here and NO I will not tell you what they are!) Well Mom ordered them from Amazon using my account, so the boxes came addressed to me. Two boxes were not even mine!

The other box, well it sure was mine. I did not expect it so soon. When I found out Monday that I had passed my class I also found out that I can walk in the UofP commencement exercises May 7. So I ordered my cap and gown. That was what was in the third box. I thought it would take weeks to get to me. In the box was not only my required regalia, but I had ordered a few announcements, a diploma frame, and an honors medallion. The later two are going to look amazing in the closet of my new house! (There are two bedrooms upstairs, one will be for sleeping, the other is going to be turned into my closet/den/exercise room so the diploma and medallion will go in the den area.)

In light of what was in the boxes, I cannot wait for the online shopping intervention from B!!

2 comments:

Larissa said...

This makes me giggle. I had a friend staying with me for a few weeks once and, well, I do shop on ebay a bit too much, but who can pass up an adorable sun dress for 99 cents?! So, I probably only spent $50, but I received about 8 packages while she was there. She told me I had a problem. Oops:-)

Colleen said...

I fully support your problem as long as that ratio of two for me one for you remains the same with every box delivery day.