Thursday, May 13, 2010

Atlanta

This is post 1 of probably 4 on the vacation I just got back from. As I said in my last post we were snow delayed in SLC so got to spend a day in Atlanta. I did not mind it at all as I have a friend in Atlanta I got to talk with on the phone for a bit. We also went to the Jimmy Carter Presidential Library. For those avid readers of my blog, you might know I am kind of a political junkie, so this was really cool for me!

This is the garden area behind the Library.

President Carter won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2002 for his years of work to find peaceful solutions to international conflict.


A photo of all of the living Presidents and a base ball they all signed.


The replica of his Oval Office.

The Seal of the President as seen on the ceiling of the Oval Office.


These are the outfits that the Carter's wore on their wedding day.

In his youth President Carter dealt with many segregation issues in Georgia. His father was a strong believer in segregation while his mother believed that all people, regardless of color, needed a helping hand.


The front of the Library.


I have, for some time, wanted to visit a Presidential Library; so this was pretty cool for me. I would like to visit Atlanta again and see some of the other things I was not able to see while we were stranded!!

2 comments:

Johnson Family said...

Thats so cool! I'm glad you got stuck in atlanta :D

Erica said...

Way fun! I've flown into Atlanta lots of times now but never enough to do fun stuff like that. :^)