Friday, July 24, 2009

Movies Adapated From Books

I have seen 2 movies this week that have been adapted from books. Books that I loved. Loved, loved, loved. The reason I love to see these types of movies is because I am a very visual person. I can read a script for a play and visualize it on stage. I can read a book and know how I would make it into a movie. So here is my beef: If the book ends one way there is no reason to give it a HAPPY HOLLYWOOD ENDING!! Also on a side note, there is no reason to blow up The Burrow, but that is another story! I am all for creative license, in most cases, but the happy Hollywood ending is so over rated and must go. The girl and boy do not always end up together; sometimes the unexpected death happens; the bad guys sometimes win. This is all I am saying, we do not live in a world that allows for a happy ending always and the fat friend is not always for plucky comic relief. Well in my case I usually am there for comic relief, but again, another story! I have said my peace.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree 1 bazillion percent!

Candice J said...

AMEN!!! I completely agree!!

Trudy G. said...

I'm currently reading My Sister's Keeper and have not seen the movie yet. I'm guessing this may be one of the movies you are talking about?