Tuesday, June 9, 2009

#86 - Go to the aquarium... check!

The first Saturday of every month our family tries to have everyone together for Family Home Evening. This month Barry and Debbie were in charge, Katie's parents were still in town, so we all got together and went to the aquarium. It is a smaller aquarium that is growing when it can. They are trying to bring some penguins in next. That would be cool. After the aquarium (don't get me started on "the BIRD show") we went back to my parent's home and had a picnic. I borrowed a video camera from BW (thanks) to see if I liked it so I can get my own, so the videos are not the best. I was just learning how to use it... bear with me!

Speaking of the picnic, may I digress for a moment? Of course I can, it is my blog! A short note to the person who scheduled the Air Force refueling airplane fly by at Rio Tinto Stadium: When scheduling a very large airplane to fly low over neighborhoods on their way to a stadium, you might want to inform the inhabitants of said neighborhood. I know this because when one is sitting out on one's lawn after a nice picnic with one's family and a large plane flies so low over houses that people can read the super small numbers on the tail… it might be too low. When the homes shake so hard pictures are want to fall off the mantle when a plane flies by… it might be too low. When I can see the inside the refueling dangle of a plane… it might be too low. So what I am saying to the person who scheduled the Air Force refueling airplane fly by at Rio Tinto Stadium: IT WAS TOO LOW!!

2 comments:

emily, etc, etc said...

My parents house is in the shadow of Hill Air Force Base (more or less). It is so loud - we all just kind of smile and wait to continue any conversations we were having until they pass by.

Mother of Four said...

We live 5-10 minutes from Hill Airforce Base. Our house is in line where they do fly overs ALL the time day and night, so I can SO relate. It gets really annoying especially the ones that are flying so low....