Friday, February 6, 2009

#27 done

#27 on my list of 101 is: Organize a friend's service project.

The Benefit Bash for Shawn last Saturday was AWESOME!! First off it should be noted that Shawn has some great friends who were super willing to help, then it should be noted that I have great friends who do not know Shawn that were super willing to help too. Candice, as per usual, is my right hand... which is good right now since I have limited use of my actual right hand. (rim shot) Then Laren was great to tackle the silent auction and Liz, my favorite syncro swim partner, I could almost hire you as my life coach!

Shall we talk about the talent? Jeffery and Rick, what more can I say then thanks!! Jeffery you are one of the funniest guys I know, thanks for always being so willing to help me and Karen thanks for letting me take your husband!! Rick, funny man Rick, the sweet nothings you whisper in my ear? Any time man!! The singers: The Walkers, Bruce, Kate, Elisha, Deedee, Jen, Beth, Richie, Candice, Emily, Z & Tif. Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you! I take full advantage of your talent and you deliver. I really could not be more pleased with how it all turned out.

I took a check over to Shawn yesterday for $2,520. Won't put a dent in medical bills, but it will keep him and him mom in their place for a few months without worrying how they will pay for rent and utilities. Thanks to everyone who came, performed, supported with donation items, supported with donation money, and enjoyed a great night of entertainment for a good cause. Your reward is in heaven... because my syncro swim as payment just is not enough! From the bottom 0f my heart: THANK YOU!!

3 comments:

This Place is a Disaster! said...

wowza! ound like it was fabulous! I would have been there, even though I don't know these poeple, but i know you and would have supported you in this had i have not been out of town!
I love you!!!

Tiffanie said...

We had such a great time! Thank you so much for letting us rock out for a great cause.

Anonymous said...

Richie T gives his account (entertaining, not always factual) of the evening on the X96 morning show. You can listen to the archived podcast (Monday February 2nd show) at:

http://x96.com/music/podcast/rfh/

It starts at around 69:30.