Sunday, April 4, 2010

Letters from the Editor

Dear Hale Patrons
The fence or railing on the front row is part of the set and is not there for your personal use. Please stop hanging your canes and coats on it; please stop putting your program and beverages on it. I doubt that Tevye had a clear plastic cup with a straw in his day. Yes I am talking specifically to the 4 people who were on the front row last Tuesday night.

Dear C. J., S.M., T.M., and R.C.
I miss seeing you daily while working on a summer play.

Dear Lady Who Takes Her Dog Everywhere
I am very glad that you love your dog so much; it is nice that you have something in your life that you love. However, I submit to you that your dog will be just fine at home while you go to work. I also think that your dog will be just fine at home while you run to the store.

Dear J.S.
I saw your show this week, bravo!! Finest dream sequence I have seen in all my years. Well done.

Dear ________
For future reference and so you are not confused about this: People as a general rule will never pull an April Fool’s joke where the punch line involves telling you another coworker’s husband has died. So you are aware, when you assume it is a joke, it makes you look heartless and socially inept. Welcome to the human race where when we hear that someone has passed away, even if we hear about it on April 1, we react with concern for the wellbeing of others. p.s. when a coworker’s spouse has died, we all pitch in to do his or her work, regardless of how we feel about them personally… it is just what we do as human beings.

Dear Cast of Glee
I adore you, you complete me, I want you back in my life.

Dear Apple
I love the new iPad … or at least the idea of it … I want to go to there. But I will wait, because I bet you are going to come out with a version with more memory and drop the price in about a year. That seems to be how you operate.

Dear Travel Agent
I sure wish I had my info on the cruise I am taking in 24 days. I do not think that is asking too much.

Dear The 4 Greatest Nieces and Nephew Ever
You are adorable and I love you dearly. You all looked really cute in your Easter outfits. Thanks forever for the kisses and hugs. And LilBud, never stop wearing tutus just for fun!

Dear Greek Chorus
MUFFY!!!!

Dear Text Friend
I love you, but please stop texting me early every holiday to wish me a happy holiday. I like to sleep in especially on these days.

Dear Wellness Program
I am having a blast!

Dear Gwen
Sorry I missed feeding you for about week. Glad you did not die or pretend to die. I saw that movie and know that all drains lead to the ocean.

Dear PLA Essays
You will not win, I shall conquer you!

Sincerely
Me

2 comments:

This Place is a Disaster! said...

me likey.

Rach said...

Dear SJ, I miss seeing you daily while working on a summer play. I am disappointed that I won't be seeing your shining face daily this summer. :(