Thursday, April 22, 2010

Check List

I have a check list (it seems) a mile long right now getting ready to go on vacation. I have one at work, one at home, and one in my purse (Did I mention I carry a purse now?!) Some of the more fun things I have been able to accomplish include getting some DVDs ripped to my iPod (thanks Hutch), acquiring a passport pouch and carry on bag (thanks Sister), and buying new tennis shoes for the miles and miles of walking. We have booked shore excursions, have a plan for Barcelona, and am praying really hard that the volcano in Iceland will not affect travel in Spain, Italy, and France. I have everything put together at work so that my very capable coworker (my Mom) can do some work for me while I am gone and in case we get stuck. I have called all of my credit card companies to let them know I will be travelling and to please not shut off my cards!! Knowing me I will do a practice run on packing this weekend to make sure I can fit in everything I need.

So what am I missing? What have any of you left behind on vacation that you wish you did not... spill!

On a side note, remember when I asked opinion on travel insurance? I am not regretting buying it now even if it turns out we do not need it... I have been scared sufficiently and humbled!!

3 comments:

This Place is a Disaster! said...

If you do get stranded, I have some peeps in Germany if you need help, or at least can make it there!

jkribbit said...

I've left behind meds before and that does not make for a happy Julie. So, if you're on any meds, my advice is to make complete list (maybe as you take them one day, write down everything) and then put that list somewhere you will be sure to see frequently. You can buy just about anything else you need - but gotta have your ID, money and meds!

Have a blast!! I'm anxious to see pics when you get back and looking forward to playdate part the second. :)

Miss Megan said...

Once upon a time, I was packing to go to France, and put all of my underwear and socks in a side pocket. My clothes didn't fit into the bag I had selected, so I transferred it to another bag. It wasn't until I arrived in Paris that I realized I had left the underwear and socks in the first bag. Ever since, I have been afraid of doing that again. PLEASE don't make the same mistake!