Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Fast for My Mom

My mom has been sick for some time now. The doctors have not been able to successfully diagnose her issues. She has had a localized pain in her back and her blood work is all over the place. She had a bone marrow biopsy yesterday and the doctor told her that he was testing her because he thought she might have what is called multiple myeloma which is a cancer of the blood and bone basically. My mom is scared and so are we. I believe in the power of prayer and fasting as God listens to us and blesses us according to our faith. If any of my friends wants to join our family in a fast for my mom on Sunday (Fast Sunday) we will be asking the Lord to answer our prayers:
-That the doctor can diagnose her quickly
-The doctor will be able to come up with an effective treatment plan
-She will start to feel better
-She will feel comfort and have understanding
-Her family will feel comfort
And of course this is all according to God's will.

3 comments:

Candice J said...

My thoughts and prayers are ALWAYS with your family. My family will of course join you in your families fast. Love you!

Rach said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I will absolutely pray for you and your family.

I'm glad I found your blog!

jkribbit said...

Steph, I'm so sorry your Mom hasn't been doing well. I wish I had known about this on Sunday. But I will definitely keep her in my prayers. How is she doing? Have you gotten test results yet?