Thursday, May 22, 2008

Birdie

So those who know me well know I do NOT like old musicals. They are not as fun to me as the new ones. But I have the chance to direct By Bye Birdie for Taylorsville City in Utah. I jumped at the chance to work with a new set of people than Midvale for more experience and exposure. Midvale has been great to me a let me do 4 shows, but it is nice to have a new experience.

My cast is awesome. I can not even tell how great they are. I have 61 people who are in the show and the best crew ever. My music director is my best friend and my choreographer was one of my best friends in high school. All three of us have done Birdie before. I was Mrs. Merkle, Candice was Ursula Merkle, and Stephanie was Gloria Rasputin. So we all have a special place in our hearts for the show.

Let me talk a minute of my leads... how great are they? I was so worried at first we would not have enough people come. I had a Rosie, no problem; I had my MacAfee family, no problem; I had a Mamma, no problem; but what I did not have was a Conrad or Albert, problem. But we sent out notice that we needed more people for call backs and I could not have asked for better people to come and audition!! We have the best cast ever and they work so hard.

More on Birdie as we get closer... 4 weeks to go!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Yeah! I'm so happy to have you as a blogger friend now too! Thank you for all you do!
Hugs!!!!!!