Monday, January 23, 2012

Oh goodness

So I went up to grab Mom's laundry today. She is having a kind of rough day which translates into me having a bit of a rough afternoon thinking about her. I was sitting at my desk and clicked on my Reader feed. I had too many unread blogs to catch up on. I like things to be empty so when it said I had 274 unread blogs my head exploded ... I digress.

Well my friend from church wrote a blog that had me snorting; fixed my afternoon right up! This is what she had to say:



It is all I can do not to respond to every Facebook update I see using the phrase "Your mom....."

For instance, a friend wrote "Lansing Ward potluck tomorrow. The theme is "Soups and Breads". Bring your favorite soup or bread. Hope you see you there!!"
I want to reply: " Your mom is a soup and bread." or "Your mom is a potluck".
Another update from a friend "off to Moab for the weekend with liz and a yurt." My (desired but not actually written) reply: "Your mom is as yurt."
Sometimes in real life I forget that there is no "Edit > Undo" function. Example: last Sunday when I was participating in an object lesson in RS. A few of us sisters were standing in a circle using our hands to hold pieces of yarn the RS Prez was winding around- you know, demonstrating how connected we were....Well, my ladyfriend standing next to me said "My piece of yarn is loose." My response? "Your mom is loose". What's particularly awesome about this example is that I found out about 30 minutes later that her mom was starting chemo the next day- so probably not the best time for a your mom joke- or maybe the best time for a your mom joke, it's hard to tell.

I had the chance to hang out with some church ladies Saturday writing cards to people who maybe needed a card (I did not get one ... sad day!) but I wrote her one that said "Your Mom is writing a thank you card." I personally think it was the best time for a 'Your Mom' joke! Plus I do not know that I have ever been called a 'ladyfriend'; I really liked it! And all I have to say, Emily, your Mom is a ladyfriend!

2 comments:

Your Mom said...

hahahahahahahaha.

My mom (and incidentally your mom) are definitely ladyfriends.

hahahahahahahaha.

Karen S said...

Emily makes me laugh every day I swear. I'm glad she made your day better too :) I wish I had written you a card Stephanie. And I really appreciated the one you wrote me. Luv luv, hugs hugs.