Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Huh ... Now that was a dream

I had this dream last night that just cannot not be put on the blog. (Grammar check Bean?)

I was at home resting on the floor when my friend Margo from Chicago walked in. We were talking and rested on the floor a little while longer and then decided to get some dinner because the people in my house were being annoying. I ordered a hot dog and the guy making the food bit my hot dog in half before putting it in the bun. He ate half and then tried to give me the rest. I felt anxious about this. So I thanked him for his kindness but could not eat the dog and left. Margo and I went to the local high school where Margo turned into Candice, you know in dreams people suddenly are other people? We were attending a fund raiser. In walked Punky Brewster and her little friend Cherie, only they were adults. Tricky part was? The people were the actors who played Blossom and Rudy Huxtable. Candice and I were the only ones who accepted that these women were Punky Brewster and Cherie. Everyone else thought they were just people there to watch the fund raiser. People became rude to Punky Brewster and Cherie and I felt like I needed to defend them. The entire dream felt chaotic. When I woke up my thought was "I really need to clean my room."

Some finer points to focus on: I have not seen Margo in probably 10 years. The people in my house were not my family, they were annoying strangers. I would never lay on the floor to rest. I would never order a hot dog because I am allergic to pork. I would not thank a man for eating half of my food and then trying to serve it to me; I would give him the business end of a talking too. I loved Punky Brewster, Blossom, and The Cosby's so to have them mixed up in a dream seem rather chaotic to me. I do need to clean my room because I could not find something in it yesterday which is probably why I felt I needed to clean my room.

Meh?

1 comment:

Peggy said...

equally loving and missing you!!!