Friday, February 18, 2011

Dear 34 & 35

So here is the deal, let’s face it 34 you kind of sucked! Not all of you, but a fair share of you did. I mean it took 6 months to diagnose The Chaz issues, then another month to recover once The Chaz was removed. Add a really long 2 month bout with bronchitis, I have not felt well for 3/4 of this year. I spent more in medical bills than I did on college, and let us be clear I spent a ridiculous amount of money on college this year. So 34 I am not sad to see you go away; you were not my favorite year. Now, before I send you away in tears, I really did have some great things happen this year too … my first trip to Europe was pretty amazing. Seriously can a year be totally bad if it includes a trip to Italy and France? I submit to you that it cannot!! Of course I also went to Spain and I did not like Spain; but I digress. I am now the very proud godmother to an adorable little boy. My 3 nieces and 1 nephew are amazingly healthy and still seriously adorable. Mom is still in remission and really can I ask for more? The rest of the family is doing relatively well; I mean for the first time in a long time everyone FINALLY is employed!! So not all bad of a year. I was able to play onstage again which I loved! I took my first ballet class which was amazing. I was able to see many great theater productions, which to me is the breath of life sometimes. I bought a house and one day I may even actually live in it. I just directed an outrageously funny play. So I guess 34 you did have some redeeming moments.

35, here is the deal, I have great hopes that you will be nicer to me than 34 was. Really can a year that starts playing in Disneyland be all bad? I submit to you that it cannot. Sure last year was Italy, but DL has It’s a Small World and I am sure I can catch a glimpse of Italy there. We get to have a new friend join our family in 5 months or so, and we all know I love new friends in my family. So here is what I would like from you 35: I would like to be able to replace the savings I spent on medical bills and school in 34, I would like Mom to remain in remission, I would like to keep all of my organs inside and functioning, and I would like our family to have a relatively easy go of it this year. I know that is a lot to ask, but it is what I would like for my birthday. Oh and world peace. Too much to ask?

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Giant "love you" to my dearest Stephanie! Have the happiest of Birthdays, knowing nothing is impossible.

Fluffy Momma said...

Umm, this is me being nosey and wantign to know who's bringing a new friend to the family?

Steph said...

Squitch it is you, you are bringing a new friend to my family. Oh wait, your baby is due sooner than 5 months. Oh man, I got that one way off!! (oh such a tease!!)

Rach said...

Happy Birthday!!! You are awesome, and I'm glad to know you. Here's to hoping all your birthday wishes come true. I really do want world peace!

miss kristen said...

I LOVE YOU. 35 will be WAY better than 34, and forget Europe. Disneyland? JEALOUS. Say 'hi' to Mickey for me, and have a Mint Julep after you go on Pirates.
We want the redhead! We want the redhead!