Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Curious Review

A few days before we opened The Curious Savage, Craig asked me if he could schedule a reviewer to see the show. I so extremely nervous to say yes. While I knew our show was funny, I was nervous that a reviewer might not like it and would say things that might adversely affect the performance of some of the cast. I should have known better. A very nice reviewer, Jennifer Leigh, came opening night. Her review was very gracious and I could not be happier with it. Check it out:


Sadly the reviewer missed naming one cast member in the review, even though she is mentioned in the caption under the photo so we assume it just was an oversight as I originally was not listed either but rather the producer was listed as the director; things happen. Melody Marse plays Florence. The rest of the cast is listed and is amazing. There are 3 more shows: Tuesday (tonight), Friday, and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. Tickets for Friday and Saturday are going fast online so I recommend coming tonight, buying tickets online at showtix4u.com or coming early on those nights to ensure you can buy tickets at the door.

The other night my pal Larissa, who explains it all, said I need to blog about this show. I do indeed. That post will come as soon as I have some pictures to go with it!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

I loved the show. Really. And you know that if I did not, I would tell you (in a nice constructive criticism kind of way, not in a mean way).

And to prove I'm no longer a "heartless b(word I can't say)" as my sister once told me I was, I even shed one tear. You know that one part... with the umbrella? Yeah, right there. It was that good.

Larissa said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My first shout out from the fabulous Stephanie!!!!
My life is now complete!

The show was truly amazing, the ending just packs that extra punch. But without the cast, the direction, the chemistry, the show would be nothing.

Hats off.

Fluffy Momma said...

It really was an amazing review. I can't wait to be able to come see it. Keeping fingers crossed for Friday night.