Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Last Meal... or Comfort Food

We have established that I am odd sometimes most of the time. I accept embrace this fact. For some reason yesterday I was thinking about comfort food and took it one step further and posed the following question to myself, “If I were on Death Row, what would my last meal be?” When we get past the morbid thought of being on Death Row (I wonder why I am on this hypothetical Death Row anyway) it is an interesting thought … at least in my mind.

The conclusion for me is sushi (a lot of it!), a chocolate milk shake, fresh baked chocolate chip cookies (with milk), and a huge bottle of chilled Dasani water. Sounds really gross in that combination, but individually all of the foods I really love.

Foods that became runner up (like in a beauty pageant which would fulfill the duties should the winner suddenly not be able to do it) were Chicago deep dish pizza, a Chicago hot dog, a nice medium Filet Oscar with asparagus, a slab of pork ribs (because I am about to die anyway why not try them once before I go? Who cares that I would have an allergic reaction?), a New York Cheesecake (not a slice, I mean the whole cheesecake really from New York) and Joe Morley’s baked beans.

That is all I have to say about that.

5 comments:

Colleen said...

You are cra cra.

Preds Girl said...

I would have crispy chicken costeletta from cheesecake factory, dark chocolate in any form, diet coke with fresh lime, shells and cheese, lots of bread from Magelby's and anywhere else that it is fresh, cheese bagels from the Smith's bakery...shall I go on? lol. I love food way too much!

Steph said...

I wonder if there are limits to the last meal rule? Like could I order Swiss chocolate flown in that morning from Switzerland?

Rich and Nickie said...

Hi Steph...this is Nickie from the 60 day challenge you did awhile ago. I've lost your email so hope you don't mind me contacting you through your blog. I have a friend heading up the 60 day challenge (she was who I got the idea from originally...her last challenge brought in a whole slew of people). I'm just getting the word out if you are interested in doing the challenge again. There are a few changes on the challenge. You can check out the challenge blog at http://positivelyprogressing.blogspot.com/

you can leave a comment or email her directly if you are interested. All of the guidelines and rules are on the side of the blog.

Good thing it doesn't start for a couple of more weeks...now I want to run out and eat all those delicious things you mentioned :) Hope you can join us!!!

Miss Megan said...

A-hahahahahahahahahaha! I love you, Steph. Never change! (And why wait until you're on death row? I think you should eat all of those foods tonight!)