Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Mortification

The thing about the cyberweb is that things happen that are intentional and not intentional. I have a blog that is private to me where I post things that are not for the general population; it is a weight loss blog that I have started. I post very intimate and personal things there. I was writing a blog post for that blog and inadvertently posted it here. It had some things in it that I would never share with the general public. So I quickly deleted it. The thing is, that nothing that is published on the interwebs is ever really gone is it? So those of you who follow me on readers may be able to read a blog post that I had no intention of ever publishing to the world at large. I respectfully ask that if you do get access to that blog post on a reader that you respect how hard it was for me to blog about what I did, in regard to being fat and trying to lose weight, even though I thought it was a private blog post. I know that my friends, who are true friends, will keep what they read confidential. I also know that there are some people I do not know that follow my blog, for whatever reason, and have no clue who I am and how hard that was for me to write. I also know that many of you might think "Oh crap! I wish I could have read what she is talking about, what is she talking about?" Maybe one day I will be brave enough to share it with the world at large. Right now I am not that brave and ask for the respect of those who will read it to take it for what it was intended: A private blog post. I am literally sitting in my office crying because of how mortified I am it. So there you have it. That happened. I need to move on from it. And now I rely on the kindness of strangers ... and most importantly friends ... to accept it and me for what I am.

The end.

4 comments:

Miss Megan said...

I had the opportunity to read that other blog, and I want to tell you how brave I think you are for writing all of that down. It is hard to admit the things we dislike most about ourselves, because we are afraid those are the things that others dislike, too. Steph, I am so proud of you and proud to have you as a friend. I love you and can't wait to celebrate your inevitable victory. Good luck!

Larissa said...

I didn't read it:-) BUT I love you. AND electronic communications...well...I've often sent messages ABOUT a person TO the person. Or a work complaint TO the person instead of my Boss or or or. Yeah...I'm glad I'm not alone in my mistakes:-) Again, I LOVE YOU!

Aaron said...

This post showed first in my reader, so I just skipped the next one of yours (I'm guessing that's the one you didn't mean to post). Whatever it said, you are braver than you know/realize, and we are all rooting for you!

miss kristen said...

I love you, and you are aca-awesome. SO lucky you are in my inner circle!!