Friday, March 16, 2012

Tri - Volunteering

Calling all volunteers. So here is the deal: The Midvale Arts Council is planning a fund raiser and I need some help getting it organized and executed. The event is a little bigger than our current council can organize alone. Excited to find out more? I know I would be!

We are putting on a mini/sprint triathlon Saturday June 9 for 4 different age groups. I am still organizing the groups, so I am not ready to announce them, but it will be young children up to adults. We will start with a swim, then bike, then run. The adults will do a full sprint tri, the younger kids will do a mini tri of our design.

If you are interested in helping I need help in two categories: planning the event & volunteers on the day. Organizing needs to take place before we can execute, obviously. I am looking for help in not only organizing but also in fundraising (can you believe you have to fund raise for a fundraiser?) I also need help planning the routes for the different groups, organizing the volunteers, etc.

On June 9 I need an army of volunteers to help guide the groups through their routes. Help me keep organized.

What do you get?! Well there is a nice t-shirt in it for you! Plus the thanks of a grateful nation ... or me. AND 2 tickets to the summer show for Midvale. Plus, there is a nice thank you note in it for you ... because I will find a volunteer to write them for me! lol.

I have not even told you the best part! The name of our event is Tri the Arts. How great is that?! I wish I could take credit; alas, it was another council member's name idea.

Interested? It would be ideal if you could email me at stephanie@midvalearts.com to let me know. I promise a good (and slightly stressful) time to all who volunteer! I really would be grateful to work with people I know and trust already. (i.e. my friends) Let me know!

Thanks

No comments: