Saturday, May 2, 2009

101 Update

I wanted to give an update on some of my progress on my set of 101 goals (Link on the right of this post, called My 101)

#11 - Blog daily for a month one thing I am grateful for. This was done in April, I really liked it. I had a great time turning my focus on things I am grateful for rather than things that were making me mad!!

#25 - Have afternoon tea at the Grand. This is one of my favorite things to do and I have been a few times, in fact I'm going again around Mother's Day with 2 of my families. If you like tea, herbal or not herbal, afternoon tea at the Grand in Salt Lake is a fun afternoon. It includes your choice of tea, scones, finger sandwiches, and a dessert.

#42 - Exercise with someone new to learn a new workout. I have hired a personal trainer, Katie, to help me lose weight. She kicks my butt. Anyone else know what the dead cockroach is? Ouch!! I have been three times now. She is really good, more of a Bob than a Jillian. Well this week she almost had me in tears. I was so tired by the time we were done...who are we kidding? I was tired within the first 10 minutes! Oh man she is good. I am down 13 pounds since starting with her!

#44 - Get a new pair of great running shoes. Check! The Nike outlet store in Park City had a great pair of shoes for $40 (normally $80 or so) and I snagged them up. I also got new socks that hold my arches better. First test was when I walked the Salt Lake Marathon 5K with a friend and my feet were not tired after we were done!

#49 - Buy all of my dishes by the end of 2009. The plates that I fell in love with are sold by the Pampered Chef (Simple Additions white and cranberry) and up until last month I sold PC. I finished buying my plates and bowls last month before I quit selling for Pampered Chef. Pretty right?

#54 - Get laptop fixed. Well sort of. It died died. So I replaced it with a new laptop. My old one will be stripped down to the bare nothings and will become the play computer for the little ones who come over to play at our house to have computer games.

#57 - Plan a trip to Boulder Colorado for 2009. Done. I planned it, I now need to buy it. I currently have it planned for the end of August.

#75 - Do all of the required reading for one class in school. The last class I took was on ethics and critical thinking. I loved reading all of the info provided. Much of it was common sense, but still it was a nice refresher.

#98 - Stay overnight at one of the really nice hotels downtown. I stayed at the Hotel Monaco with Candice. It was a pretty room and we got a fish named Glen Gary Glen Ross. Which then inspired me to really get a fish, her name is Gwen.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I didn't know that you stopped selling PC. Man it's a good thing we met at conference when we did huh?? You'll always be my favorite conference buddy! :)

Rach said...

Wow, so much accomplished! Way to go on everything!